Why You Need Top Customer Service Talent
It’s common knowledge that in today’s market, customers demand top-notch customer experiences (CX) to stay loyal to a brand.
If your goal is to provide great customer experiences, you’ll need to hire the cream of the crop: the employees that can provide that level of CX to your customers. But how can you make sure you hire only the best?
How to Develop an Effective CX Recruiting Strategy
Like anything else in your business, you need a CX strategy to be successful. Having a strong recruitment strategy that attracts top-notch talent must be an important component.
Step One: Identify the Skills and Qualities CX Agents Must Have
You’ll need to build out a list of essential skills for customer experience roles. Here are a few qualities that your ideal candidates should possess:
- Outstanding communication skills: Customer experience roles require exceptional communication skills, including the ability to listen carefully, speak clearly, and write effectively.
- Demonstrate empathy and patience: When handling challenging interactions, your customer service agents should be able to empathize and be patient to help diffuse the situation.
- Ability to resolve conflict: Agents will need to handle difficult customers in a professional manner and showcase their problem-solving skills.
- Product and service knowledge: This will come with training, but they should demonstrate motivation in learning about and staying current on your products, services, and changes within your business.
- Multitasking abilities: CX roles can require juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Positive attitude: A positive attitude and a willingness to help others are essential qualities for customer service representatives.
- A team player: Customer experience strategies are best executed as part of a team. Your agents will need to collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues.
- Adaptability: Agents must adapt quickly to changing situations and customer needs.
- Technical skills: Depending on the specific customer service job, candidates may need to have technical skills such as familiarity with specific software, hardware or tools.
Step Two: Write Effective Job Descriptions
If your prospective candidates are bored by the job’s description or get confused by it, they won’t bother to apply. You want them to not only understand the job requirements, but be excited about the position.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when writing job descriptions:
- Craft clear and concise job postings that attract the right candidates.
- Highlight the key skills and qualifications needed for these jobs (listed in step one).
- Communicate your company’s values and mission to potential candidates.
- Incorporate diversity and inclusion into your job descriptions.
Step Three: Create a Positive Employer Branding
While you’re in the interviewing process, you’ll want to communicate a positive overall company brand.
To do this, make sure you’re:
- Building a positive reputation as an employer of choice, especially online.
- Highlighting the benefits and opportunities of working for the company for candidates.
- Fostering a welcoming and inclusive workplace culture.
- Showing that you retain and engage your CX talent through ongoing professional development and growth opportunities.
Looking to Outsource Your Dream CX Team? Turn to Radius
At Radius Global Solutions, we have a stellar CX team consisting of 4,000+ full-time employees that have extensive training and experience. We consistently build our client’s dream teams by hiring great people. They have the natural soft skills necessary to engage your customers and build relationships with them based on mutual respect.
Discover what Radius can do for your business. Reach out to us today!